Thursday, January 20, 2011

I want your attention!!!

Let's say that one day you meet a person who catch all of your attention. She's (well in my case of course that person is a 'she') pretty, tall, very passionate about God and smart. Whenever that person passes by, your head is automatically become pilot mode as if that person is your destination. You will look him/her in a different way, it seems there's something different in the way you look at that person. And of course, its so obvious that all of your friends can notice it. Have you ever been in that situation? I bet if you are a normal person, you had been in that situation before. Me? Yes of course I had been in that situation before. Having someone who cares and gives attention to you is not a bad thing at all. We are all want that. We are all want to be paid attention of, that's a nature of human...to be a center of attention. Well, there might be some people who don't want to be in that situation obviously. But that doesn't mean they don't get it, yet they get it from themselves e.g. I met some people who loves playing games. Everyday, most of his time were spent in his room playing games. He doesn't like going out with his friends, he doesn't like to socialize...and he's happy to just lock himself in his room playing game. So does that mean he doesn't want attention from anyone? No, he got it from himself. He thought that if he can make himself feels satisfied, why would he need to get it from someone else? Why would he has to try hard so that everyone will pay attention to him? Got what I mean? I hope you do..

Where did I get this concept so that I decide to write about this? It's from this verse, Psalm 33: 18

" But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him,
on those whose hope is in his unfailing love,"

Eyes talk about giving attention. 'I won't believe till I see it with my own eyes!', how many times we heard this sentence? To be honest, I was a person who love to be a center of attention. I want everyone to love me, I want everyone to see good of me, I want everyone to look high of me, I want all of their attention! I want to be famous! And because of that, I was a selfish person. Everything is about me and me only. Whenever I need help from my friends, they HAVE to help me. Whenever I need to borrow some money, they HAVE to lend me some money. However, when they need my help...I would think it twice. I would think it this way: "How will it benefit me if I help him/her?" If it doesn't benefit me at all, I would find some excuses not to help them. Some of you might be surprise knowing this side of me. Well...don't think bad of me first, of course I didn't do that all the time. But, that was one of my character before and there were times I help people without thinking that way of course. But most of the time I did that...hahaha...

When I read that verse, it suddenly brought me back to the 'old my self'. Somehow, God wants me to learn something. He wants me to not depend on any human's attention. He wants me to know that He pays attention to me......IF ONLY I fear Him and my hope is His unfailing love. Yes, there are 2 main points in this verse. You can't expect to be a center of attention when you don't have anything on you right? Same thing with God, in a way.

1. Fear talks about living your life right in front of God and people surround you. It also talks about how we need to always pray, worship, fasting and do our quiet time with Him. Fear in HIm is not something like....a teacher who is very strict to his students that the students are afraid of him. Not something like that. We fear Him not because of the consequences of our sins, but we fear Him because we hate sins. We feel bad doing sins not because we are afraid of the consequences of the sin itself, we feel bad doing sin because we know God hates it. It somehow, breaks God's heart. Not easy to have this kind of life...a life that doing these kind of things I mention above, it requires a commitment of course. Commitment is not merely a word 'yes/no'...its more to be like 'whatever the situation is, I will keep doing it'. No excuses at all.

2. Hope is His unfailing love talks about trust and faith. It's easy to say that we love God, we know He's in control etc etc.....but have you ever read this verse? Matthew 7:21

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."

It doesn't matter how good your words in your prayer every night, it doesn't matter how good is your voice when you sing....all matter is your heart. Do you really live in the words that you speak out? Do you really put 100% of your hope in His hands??? Faith without actions are meaningless...and vice versa.

Having encounter with Jesus might be the best moment in my life. It's not like I'm saying that I'm perfect and I always do everything that I put above. No, I'm still human. I'm sometime also struggling with myself. But, it the decision afterward that matters..whether you give up, or rise up again and keep trying and hold on to your faith in Jesus. Do you want to be in His sight? Do you want His eyes are set on you all the time?? I do! I want to have His attention, I want Him to be the source of my life all the time! Let's commit and I pray that you take the right decision together with me!! :)

Gbu
Ebz

No comments:

Post a Comment