Friday, March 26, 2010

A little bit more about my self , ep:1 - Why I love to write

It's 8:32 PM 26/3/10, when I started to write this blog. I've dedicated my self to, at least, update my blog
once a week. Ya I know, it's not an obligation to do so. However, I want to keep my self writing something
so that I don't lose my passion in writing. Now you must be wondering since when I started to love writing..
It was back then when I was still in High School. I think...it's in year 11 that one day, out of nowhere, I started to write. I started my hobby with writing a..... cerpen (Cerita Pendek)..it's just like a short story for those who don't understand what cerpen is.

The first cerpen I made only consists about 2 pages. Not too long at all. But, starting from there...my passion
in writing has begun. I began to write another cerpen, maybe around 3-4 cerpen that I have made. Then I was thinking "hem..cerpen is too short, I can't develop the story. Maybe..I should start writing a novel?". 
And you are correct! Finally my first novel was created! It only consists of...I think 30 pages. 
Oh trust me, 30 pages of writing are not too hard at all. It's just when you really know what you want 
to write and how you want to develop your story, it will flow like a river. 

And from there, I began to write another one, another one and another one. I really have no idea where did
I get so much time to do so. To be honest, my life during high school was very packed and busy! It's BPK penabur 3, how can you expect not to be busy in that school?? Especially I'm in Science class...not to mention that those in Social class were relax...:p kiddo. I even submitted one of my writing in a magazine. Unfortunately, I did not win..so they did not publish it..o well...

And finally, gradually my life became busier since I moved to Australia to continued my study. You really have to manage yourself in here. Therefore, it's really hard for me to spend some of my time writing in front
of my lappy. And I decided to stop making novels...by writing a final project. I want to write a very long
novel. And I finally managed to finish it! 153 pages of A4.....

Then I stopped writing anything. Many things happened and made me become lazy to write. However, 
the joy of writing, when you started it...it will never go away. Then I decided that I will write again, not like
writing novels or such, but I want to write anything about my life. I started it with writing in Friendster's blog,
Facebook and now, blogger. And I also writing in one of Indonesian Magazine in Australia at the moment.

I never thought that my writing is good, and I was afraid that when people read it, they will just laugh reading
it. But, I realize one thing about writing... a writing is determined good or not by how you can truly express
your feeling in it. Not because your structure is good, the story is awesome, the words you are using
is professional...it's not that. It's judged by how you can truly express what you really want to say in
your writing. That what makes me keep writing up until now, I don't care about how I should write..but
I care more about what I want to express in my writing. 

Now, for those of you who loves to write, keep writing! Spend your time recording the story about
your life...don't be afraid about what people will think about it, just write it down! I might not be the 
best writer, but at least...I'm doing what I love to do.

Happy writing!

2 comments:

  1. a novel with 153 pages?! wow! hahaha.. i never have finsihed my own novel, even the short ones..hehe. neway, i totally agree with you, for some people maybe blogging is all about structure, beautiful words, stories or else. but for me, blogging is all about expressing your feeling and the meaning behind it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want you to write your recent WE experience; perhaps the Turkish v the English, or the French v the English. hehehe

    ReplyDelete